- A deferred entry will guarantee you a place in the Brighton Marathon the following year with a 20% discount.
- The deferral process guarantees your discounted entry but is NOT automatic.
- When you have deferred, you will be sent an invitation after the 2017 event to sign up for 2018, which you must complete by the given deadline. Please look out for this email.
- Your 20% discount will apply to the entry price that is offered at the time you sign up. Please note, this may be higher than the price offered when entries first open so be sure to sign up as soon as possible.
Deferral Policy 2017
- To defer your entry you will need your 2017 Brighton Marathon Registration ID and you must complete the online Deferral Request before 5:00pm on Friday 7th April, 2017. Any attempt at deferment after this time will not be considered and there will be no extensions to this date under any circumstance.
- You MUST enter before the closing date of midnight, Tuesday 1st June 2017 – failure to do so will result in loss of entry. You will receive an entry invitation via email only and specific to your deferral request, to be used only by you. This will give you 20% discount on the current price of entry at the time of your registration. If you do not receive your email with your deferral invite please contact us as soon as possible (no later than Wednesday 1st June 2017) using our contact form. Any request after the deadline will not be considered and will result in loss of entry.
- Your 2017 deferral to the 2018 Brighton Marathon will be compared to the 2017 results to confirm your non-participation in the event.
- You can only defer your place once. If you have already deferred your place from the 2016 race to the 2017 race you cannot defer your place again.
You cannot defer your entry if you have entered through a charity – please contact your charity directly if you are no longer able to participate in the 2016 event.
The deadline for completing the deferral request form is 5pm on Friday 7th April, 2017.